• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a display for pc and ps4 pro

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
5,086
Budget of $450 max. Looking to get a monitor to use with my pc and ps4 pro. Pc specs
Ryzen 3700x, rx5700xt, 32gb ddr4 3600mhz, 1tb ssd, Corsair rmx 850

Trying to find a monitor is the worst thing I’ve ever shopped for. Looking at reviews from sites like rtings then user reviews from reddit then tft central, I’m ready to pull my hair out.

I would prefer a ips monitor,I’m red/green colorblind and tn panels look horrible to me. Don’t know if they are actually that bad but I highly prefer ips. I currently have a acer nitro vg271 1080p 144hz ips monitor and want to upgrade the resolution.

I looked at 4k options and the only thing in my price range is 60hz. I’m not worried about pushing 4k, I can get by with what I have then upgrade my gpu when the new stuff comes out. Is 4k 60 terrible if I’m use to 1080p 144hz?

I bought a viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd for $325 after watching hardware unboxed review on it. The monitor would flicker at 144hz and I had to send it back. After looking that up on reddit it seems to be a common issue so I just got a refund and continue my search.

For 1440p 144hz I’ve looked at the asus vg27AQ that everyone raves about but it’s terrible at 60fps which I use with the ps4 pro all the time.

For my situation and price range what do you suggest I look at?
 
Have you checked out Blur Busters forums? Lots of guys there with nothing else to do but ponder this very question.

Also, your question: "Is 4k 60 terrible if I’m use to 1080p 144hz?" I wasn't happy with it. Tried to convince myself I could live with it, but I ended up going back to a 240Hz@1080p monitor (Acer Nitro VX273X). What's the point of higher resolution if it's blurry when you're gaming? I use this monitor for PC, Switch, and PS4. Works well with all of them. I was hanging onto the 4k because of anticipation about the PS5, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I'd likely enjoy running @1080p on the PS5 in the hopes of getting at least a solid 60fps and hopefully up to 120fps. This is vs 30-60fps @ 4k on PS5. Hope that all made some sense.
 
Back
Top