Need a desk for 3 30" monitors.

Kty

Limp Gawd
I need a corner desk, like L shaped probably. Doesn't need any form of storage, as long as it can hold some Apple Cinema's. Cable management is a plus, needs room for a razer lycosa and a big mouse pad. Also room for logitech z-5500's. And if it has an area for the CPU to be on the desk with the window facing, that's a deal maker. The case I have is a Mountain Mods Extended Ascension in mirrored black. Thanks ahead!

-Kitty

Could this one do the job? I like the raised monitor area, and the keyboard area below. It looks like the removable shelf on the bottom right of the photo could be moved and the case placed there since it's tall enough and wide enough and the cables would fit just perfect. Any desks like this that is bigger or all black with steel? Would this one fit 3 30" monitors, maybe an ultrasharp setup?

OSP Design™ Mercury Corner Desk
http://www.staples.com/OSP-Design-Mercury-Corner-Desk/product_807666

How fancy are you looking? If you're just looking for functional, check out the IKEA Gallant system. You can combine different pieces to make a desk in whatever shape you can fit in your room. They're relatively sturdy, as the entire desk has a metal frame underneath. I don't have 30" monitors, but I would think the L shaped version of that shouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Also, they have some addons you can buy for it - shelves, drawers, cable management racks, etc.

How fancy are you looking? If you're just looking for functional, check out the IKEA Gallant system. You can combine different pieces to make a desk in whatever shape you can fit in your room. They're relatively sturdy, as the entire desk has a metal frame underneath. I don't have 30" monitors, but I would think the L shaped version of that shouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Also, they have some addons you can buy for it - shelves, drawers, cable management racks, etc.

Like this? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39807469/

Would that hold 3x30inch monitors in a mount aswell as have a lot of room in front for keyboard/mousepad and room on the sides for speakers and a 28"x28"x28" case?

I would think the monitors and speakers would fit, but I only use a single monitor in a non-L shaped desk, so someone else would have to confirm that. That case is HUGE (what is it?!), and probably would have to go on the floor with just about any desk.

If nothing else, see if there's an IKEA near you, measure your space needs, and go see if it'll fit.

Consider taking the monitors out of the desk selection -- with some monitor arms, you can regain whatever desk space you had expected to sacrifice from setting the monitors on the desk. And you'd be able to position the screens however and wherever you choose.

Edit: +1 for the Ikea Galant desks.

Consider taking the monitors out of the desk selection -- with some monitor arms, you can regain whatever desk space you had expected to sacrifice from setting the monitors on the desk. And you'd be able to position the screens however and wherever you choose.

Edit: +1 for the Ikea Galant desks.

Apple Cinema screens lack VESA mounts for any kind of stand or arm.

The Galant desk is definitely going to be the most flexible option for three 30" displays. Need more space, buy more extensions :D. I've got two 24" on mine now, adding a third 24" next week, and still have plenty of room. 30" might be pushing it unless you just use one entire side of the desk (instead of the corner) to hold the monitors. As for the cable management, take a look here. I've got six of them (one sawed to be short enough to fit) lining the back of both edges of my desk :D.

GALANT with an extension is the way to go. I have a GALANT workstation with a 23 extension and I can fit 3 22 monitors+1 27 Apple Cinema display.

If I got a GALANT, could I fit 3 27" LED Monitors with a triple mount?

If I got a GALANT, could I fit 3 27" LED Monitors with a triple mount?
Possibly... But if we knew the monitor mount you were planning on using, we could give a more qualified answer ;)

I use the Ikea Galant Desk. It has the half circle extension on the short side of the L shape, as well as another square extension on the long side of the L share of the desk. I posted a picture somewhere on this forum a long time ago, but I am having trouble finding it. I use a Dell 3008WFP and I could easily fit 3 of those on there and still have tons of room left over. It is huge, and super sturdy with 3 legs.

Back