Need a cheapo headset/mic combo

chineseman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Messages
1,218
Since I've been playing WAR a lot lately and have an actual need to use ventrilo for the first time in years, I need a decent headphone/mic combo. I used to use some $19.99 Plantronic ones that sat on the ears but the headband wrapped around the back of my head/neck instead of sitting on top of it. The sound quality wasn't the best but it was extremely comfortable and didn't mess up my hair. It has been discontinued for quite some time it seems and I'm having trouble finding a similar behind-the-head/neck style for casual use. Anyone have a suggestion?
 
Zalman makes a good one that's only $10 and attaches to your headphone cable. Re: Spaceman's sticky. Actually, it covers the rest of this too. Why don't you read that and then ask any further questions? Saves time typing redundant info.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1234050

You can mostly skip down to the part about how the Koss SB40 is probably what you need if you're impatient. :D
 
Yea I've read that thread before but I'm looking for something where the headband rests behind the back of the head/neck instead of on top of your head.
 
Sportapros are probably a good idea then. I'm pretty sure that's how they got the moniker. Still the Zalman mic, of course.

Don't think there are many high-budget phones in that style. iGrados, maybe?
 
Behind the head = failure. The sportapros and igrados are the sum total of ALL behind the head headphones that I know of.

Get the Koss SB40 and be happy. They are good.
 
Yea I did some looking around yesterday and they're pretty much all discontinued. I just sprang for an ATH-AD700 / Zalman Mic1 and about $500 on golf equipment, whoops.
 
Yeah, really shouldn't have spent that money on clubs. o_O

The AD700 should sound really nice.
 
Back
Top