• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a cheap audio card for gaming

Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
2,668
Ok I have onboard sound right now. I have read numerous places that by having virtually any sound card that is not integrated a load will be taken off the processor when gaming because it is one less thing it will have to compute. Also BF2 has some weird ass clipping noises which I am 99% has to do with me not having a soundcard. Now I am looking for under $30 because over that I can't justify myself paying. Even though I do run my own makeshift recording studio into the Line In I don't want a nice audio card lol. Here is one I found that looked cheap and decent but I need some feedback.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829120103
 
So you know, that soundcard doesn't have hardware acceleration of any kind, so you'll be getting the same frame rates, just less clipping, and probably better sound.
 
You are basically stuck buying something from Creative if you plan to utilize hardware acceleration. Look for a refurbed card or something used off of Ebay to save cash.
 
Back
Top