Need a case to fit an EVGA Classified

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I received the Thermaltake Elements G case and I thought my motherboard fit in. But I found that I can't connect anything to it. It's just too tight to plug in the sata cables for the hard drives. So can anyone recommend a good, roomy case to house my EVGA Classified? Preferably a deep midtower. I think I'll have to exchange this current case if they will let me.

Edit: I need 3 more inches of depth. 22 inches I think would be ideal. Am I stuck with a full tower to get this kind of depth?

I'm currently looking at HAF932 but wondering if there are any better alternatives.

Last edited:
just find something that is eatx

i have an atx antec 1200 and it fits, but i was looking at the cooler master 840

and the corsair , but sounds like the first corsair shipment suffered some abuse on the boat and until i see some cooling results im not dropping 300 bucks on a steel case

One more detail, I got the case from Ewiz. So any replacement would probably need to come from their selection of cases.
http://www.ewiz.com/

I'm pretty sure the HAF 922 has the same depth as the 932, but I don't see it listed...you might want to call them. I just measured the 922 and there's 2.75" between the mobo tray and HDD rack or 14" from the IO shield to the HDD rack...my Storm Scout is 12" from IO shield to HDD rack...

HAF doesnt have filters included does it?

i know there were making some for it, but its an additional cost i think

HAF doesnt have filters included does it?

i know there were making some for it, but its an additional cost i think

No filters, but as noted above, lots of room from IO to HDD cages:

3856380242_c747e272c0.jpg

Lol, one of my friends put his classified in an antec 900, I'm sure anycase will work ;)

I'm sure lots of cases work fine so lot as you aren't putting a double slot card in the last pci slot.

However, if you aren't using all those slots, I sort of question why you even have it...seems like a bit of a waste o cash otherwise.

Whatever.

Raven 2/RV02 has can fit and 11inch board i.e. Classified, but not a true eatx board.

There is another standard for server board more than 9.6":

12" x 9.6" = Standard ATX

12" x 10.5" = SSI CEB (ASUS Rampage II Extreme is 12" x 10.6")

12" x 13" = E-ATX (SSI EEB)

lol, EVGA don't understand ...

Well let's go over some pros and cons.

HAF 932. Pros - excellent airflow, spacious, good price (~$140). Cons - Heavy (29lbs), Lack of dust filter?, looks?

Corsair 800D. Pros - great looks, good airflow, spacious. Cons - Expensive (~$279), Heavy.

Any other alternatives to house an EVGA Classified (3-way SLI)?

How about the ATCS 840 or the Silverstone RV02?

Are you sure the RV02 is spacious enough? Looking at the picture, a Classified might have problem with the bottom sata headers. I ran into this problem with the Thermaltake Element G that I had to RMA.

imageview.php

HAF932 or Corsair 800D looks like the safest choices sizewise.

Last edited:
CoolerMaster Stacker 830.....looks good, all aluminum, giant, moderately heavy but not like a steel case. I love mine.
CoolerMaster Cosmos
Any Lian-Li full tower

No filters, but as noted above, lots of room from IO to HDD cages:

3856380242_c747e272c0.jpg

Well that picture of the insides right there convinced me. I really don't want to risk not having enough space for the Classified. Too bad the HAF932 is so heavy. That's about the only thing I don't like about the case. But I found out that you can put wheels on it so I'm willing to live with the weight. Thanks for the opinions and info everyone. I ordered my HAF932 from the Egg and got free shipping too.

PS what heatsink are you using on your CPU in that pic? Also is that a 922 or 932? Hehe. If that's a 922 then oops, that would have been spacious enough without the extra 9 lbs of weight...
Also, were the insides already black or did you paint it yourself? All the HAFs I've looked at in Newegg have unpainted interiors.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's a 922 he painted and switched the large top fan for 2 120's...

I got my 922 from Amazon for $99 shipped......still sitting on the workbench waiting to be filled :)

Well that picture of the insides right there convinced me. I really don't want to risk not having enough space for the Classified. Too bad the HAF932 is so heavy. That's about the only thing I don't like about the case. But I found out that you can put wheels on it so I'm willing to live with the weight. Thanks for the opinions and info everyone. I ordered my HAF932 from the Egg and got free shipping too.

PS what heatsink are you using on your CPU in that pic? Also is that a 922 or 932? Hehe. If that's a 922 then oops, that would have been spacious enough without the extra 9 lbs of weight...
Also, were the insides already black or did you paint it yourself? All the HAFs I've looked at in Newegg have unpainted interiors.

The cooler is a Megahalems. The case is a 922, and I painted it after drilling out the rivets to separate the parts to be painted from those not to be. I'm a big fan of the HAF cases, and the smaller ones like the 590/690, too.

For another indication of the room in the HAFs, here's a picture of a friend's build:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2577/3924141476_7310d521e5.jpg

If the Corsair 800D aint big enough nothing is. Not only is it big it is a great looking case w/ awsome layout and features.

Back