• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a camera upgrade..... help me pick one

mokkapoop

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,155
Ok, I am currently on a vacation in the mountains of Big Sky, MT. This place is simply amazing! So, I have been taking alot of picks, and havent been "happy happy" with the quality of the pics. I currently am using a Fuji Finepix 3800 3.2MP camera. The settings on this camera are REALLY basic, has auto scene, or can choose scene, portrait, night, and one other. The zoom on this is a digital zoom, 6X to be exact, and it seems not to help when I take pics with it zoomed. Anywhoo, I am looking to do an upgrade, for around $200, and uses XD media, since I have a 128mb card that is more than enough for me. Thanks in advance!
 
Sticking with xD media and keeping under $200 doesn't show a lot of improved options according to dpreview's camera feature comparison. (See: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp and answer the features you want to look for / compare)


BTW, what is wrong with the pictures you have taken so far with this camera? It looks to be a capable camera. If you can tell us why you're not happy with the pictures we might be able to offers some tips to improve them.

If the sky just looks bad because it becomes almost completely white, you can use the Exposure Compensation feature to take 2 pictures at different exposure levels (one picture for the sky/clouds, another for the subjects -- but without moving the camera between the two pictures) that you can combine later in photoshop.

Anyways, good luck and have fun.
 
Back
Top