• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need a budget GPU STAT!

no_control

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
1,429
I need to get a budget GPU for my kids pc its replacing a 7900GT. Budget is $100 I'm partial to ATi but will consider either side. It's been too long since I researched what is a decent card in this price range.

It needs to push 1900x1200 for his new monitor. Plays mostly older games. AOEIII/L4D/BF2 etc...

Original plan was to pass on my 4890 and get me a new shiny 5000 series but since the prices are still too high I'm hanging onto it.
 
If you can find these under a 100 they will do great for what you need. 4770, 4830, 4850. You can also get a used 4870 on the forums for about 100.
 
you were going to give him yours...:confused:

I would rather have the better card used, then a lesser card new. Maybe get him a new game for his newish card...

I had planned to upgrade prior to xmas so it wasn't going to be a gift. but I agree I would rather him have a great older card (mine) than a crap new card. He's getting some 360 games instead. Thx all
 
Back
Top