Ok... I rearanged my room and moved my Panasonic Technic 5x speaker 800watt stereo close enough to my PC to run the AUX input to my soundcard...
It was both amazing and painful at the same instant... My $75 speakers couldnt compare...
BUT...
My soundcard is an AL USB sound device I paid $5 for...
Anyone have suggestions for a better card? I dont want to drop $200 or anything, but I'm thinking like the Soundblaster Extegy they seem to be going for $50-$75 right now. (REALLY need it to be external as this is set up as a thinclient with the server around 200 feet away)
Also realize this is an older Stereo that doesnt have optical input (though it does have full DDS support)
It was both amazing and painful at the same instant... My $75 speakers couldnt compare...
BUT...
My soundcard is an AL USB sound device I paid $5 for...
Anyone have suggestions for a better card? I dont want to drop $200 or anything, but I'm thinking like the Soundblaster Extegy they seem to be going for $50-$75 right now. (REALLY need it to be external as this is set up as a thinclient with the server around 200 feet away)
Also realize this is an older Stereo that doesnt have optical input (though it does have full DDS support)