• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a 5.25" hard drive adapter

|oR|Spetsnaz

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
2,797
I'm having trouble finding those metal plates you screw in to either side of your hard drive and it makes it so you can put your 3.5" drive in a 5.25" bay. All I can find are the ones for removable hard drives, and ones that have like 3 fans and a faceplate. I just want to mount the drive in a 5.25" bay. No frills.

Any suggestions?
 
Hrm, I had tons of them in my younger days when I bought retail drive kits instead of OEM drives. You could either fab them yourself (pretty easy) or see if anyone who bought retail kits from say... maxtor (it was my old days when Maxtor's had 3 year warranties, cut me some slack) you should be good to go.

Quick froogle search here shows a bunch of hits. find a reputable dealer who doesnt rape on shipping and you should be set.
 
The plain mounting rails are becomming difficult to find. Honestly you're better off getting a cheap fan drive mounting kit and leave the fans out of the picture. Most of them I've seen the rails you're talking about are in the kit and the fan unit mounts seperatly.
 
So I called Micro Center and they have them for $2.49. They didnt have them a few weeks ago.
 
Back
Top