Need a 20 panel with component inputs!

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
I would LOVE to find a 20" monitor with component/composite to make my life easier for buying video cards and such, but if I have to I will resort to a 24.

also I do not want the NEC panel, that is way too much money.

The NEC 20wmgx2 was only $350 the last time I checked, which is about on par with the 2007WFP. You won't find many other models with component inputs and the same high-quality screen.

As an alternative, buy an inexpensive transcoder such as the VDigi Z3 and you don't have to worry about using component 480p/720p/1080i on any VGA monitor. For 480i componen the best solution is an internal PDI Deluxe / Sweetspot card for the PC, but they're not so cheap.

The NEC 20wmgx2 was only $350 the last time I checked, which is about on par with the 2007WFP. You won't find many other models with component inputs and the same high-quality screen.
And you also won't find a brand new 20WMGX2 these days..;)

Perhaps LG.Philips no longer make the LM201WE2 panel used in the 20WMGX2. Why? Maybe it was too costly for NEC to use in a 'multimedia' monitor. NEC seemed to be the only one using that panel. There is no clear option other than the Apple 20" screen. And no IPS 20" multimedia successor from NEC for the foreseeable future.

Of course. if we could get 250,000 signatures on a 'Bring back the 20WMGX2 petition', they might make a special 'Hard Forum' Edition.

Perhaps LG.Philips no longer make the LM201WE2 panel used in the 20WMGX2. Why? Maybe it was too costly for NEC to use in a 'multimedia' monitor. NEC seemed to be the only one using that panel. There is no clear option other than the Apple 20" screen. And no IPS 20" multimedia successor from NEC for the foreseeable future.

Of course. if we could get 250,000 signatures on a 'Bring back the 20WMGX2 petition', they might make a special 'Hard Forum' Edition.

Start one and you've got my signature!
I would but I'm lazy :(

On a serious note, It's probably not profitable to use this panel, since it's price point are high and demand low. Face it, the people who praise and look for items like these are very exclusive.

Start one and you've got my signature!
I would but I'm lazy :(

On a serious note, It's probably not profitable to use this panel, since it's price point are high and demand low. Face it, the people who praise and look for items like these are very exclusive.

They are called "uncompromising" individuals.

why don't they make them anymore?
Because the buying public has spoken...they want 22" or larger monitors monitors for under $300 and that means cheaper to produce TN panels. Most makers have switched exclusively to TN and PVA for their newer models. NEC stopped making the 20WMGX2 several months ago and Newegg was the only place to find the remaining stock until early last month when the last ones were all sold..

Back