Need 2.1s that'll do the job

CeZemal

Weaksauce
I'm looking for a set of cheap 2.1s that'll do the job, and by this I mean speakers that'll put out moderately decent sound for a low price. I'm currently building my new machine and plan to use a set of Logitec G35s for about 95% of what I'm using the PC for. Now, I don't know how [H] feels about the logitec G35s (I couldn't really see much on the first page of this sub-forum anyway), but from the reviews I read it seems to be a very solid addition to any gamer's arsenal (though possibly a tad over priced).

Anyway, all I'm going to need these speakers for is just for putting sound out beyond my ear holes every once in a while. I'm not necessarily an audiophobe but can tell the difference between quality and garbage. So I turn to [H] to assist me in finding a set of speakers that more or less exceed their price range in quality yet provide a great value. Does this even exist for what I'm needing it for?

How much are you looking to spend?

The Swans M10 are a great value around $100.

Less than 100 preferably. I've heard of those speakers before and the quality of them. I'm just not entirely sure I could stand having the sub in front of my face like it's recommended it should be. Maybe that's the way subs should actually be, I don't know. But yeah, just looking for something to put out sound every now and again. And I mean sure I could just hit up best buy and get a 50 dollar set of logitecs, but I'm pretty sure there's something better out there that I don't know of, hence being here :)

The Corsair SP2200s represent great value for $90. All of the reviews I have read present them as excellent for the price and exceptional for gaming. Obviously you won't get insane audio quality for $90, but from what I've read on them it seems to be the best 2.1 setup you can get for under $100.

Yeah I think you are asking a but much for excellent audio quality at this price point....just my little T-Amp cost as much as your whole budget. lol.
300-383_s.jpg

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-383

Well I'm not asking for excellent quality, just speakers that represent a good value for a relatively low amount of money that'll get the job done. I'll look into those corsairs though :)

Corsairs > anything sub $100 for you. They will do the job and fit your setup. Nothing else really does for your budget and needs.

Back