• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need 2.1 PC Speakers

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
7,280
I'm looking for a good set of 2.1 speakers for music, price range $75 - $150. Are there any speaker sets out there that you guys would recommend besides the klipsch promedias? Are the logictech z-2300's any good? I'm leaning towards the klipsch speakers but if I can get good sound for less money I will. I'm coming from some cheap logitech 5.1's that aren't even on newegg and an sb live! to a soundblaster x-fi.
 
Ive had both the Klipsch pro media 2.1's and the z-2300's. For the money, I dont see any reason to get the Klipsch 2.1's. The Logitech's cost way less, come with some better features, and sound just as good if not better. Things I like about the z-2300s are the sub (better than the promedias imo), and the on/off switch is on the volume control thing and not on the back of the sub (a pain in the ass with the klipsch).
 
I can't stand Logitech subs. They're muddy. And from my experience, they either output too little bass, or way too much.

I love my Klipsch 2.1. They're crisp, and the sub is tight.

What you're listening to is a big factor, of course.
 
The Klipsch are the best in that price range. I believe you can get them cheaper here

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=802

They are refurb but Klipsch is good about replacing their things if there's an issue.

I have the GMX 5.1 and while it isn't up to audiophile quality it is acceptable especially at lower levels. They get a bit shouty when you crank them but that's at max level. The sub is very good for the $$.
 
Well, suposedly the Klipsch is better, they have a better, tighter sub and a dedicated tweeter, but personally, i like the Logitechs, especially with an X-Fi! When i got them (for $106 shipped on the egg) i didnt have any sound card and they did sound VERY boomy and not very tight at all, but when i got my X-Fi, everything changed, you just have to "tame" it. But sound is very subjective from person to person, so if you can, try to listen to them both, and get whitch one sounds best to you.
 
I have the Altec Lansing 6021 speakers. They sound amazing. If you look around, you can find them close to $150.00.
 
The problem is that there really isn't any place close to me where I can check out a variety of PC speakers. The only nearby best buy is tiny, so I was probably going to just order from the egg.
 
Back
Top