• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NEC PA271W-BK

Andyk5

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
1,154
I am not a professional who needs extreme color accuracy but i do appreciate a high quality picture and overall NEC brand monitors. I will be using it as the center monitor of a PLP setup. Fastest action it will see is playing starcraft 2, will spend more %50 of its life displaying web pages, pdf files, pictures etc.. Price point is right there with the dell at $1100 so i think it is a good deal. What are some opinions?
 
This is a wide gamut display=inaccurate and over saturated colors and an excessively grainy anti-glare coating...in other words it is not good for gaming+movies and is a waste of money. It does have an sRGB mode and can be hardware calibrated (need to buy the spyder SV kit) but most newer matte 2560x1440 displays will provide better, grain free colors and better gaming performance too...for less money.

If you want a high end display get the Eizo EV2736W

http://www.eizo.com/global/products/flexscan/ev2736w/index.html

The best all around main stream 27" is the Viewsonic VP2770

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1732378&highlight=
 
Last edited:
It's $900 at B&H. I have one, use it for web design and development, also for general research and writing. Very happy with it -- I've had it since early 2011, and never had any complaints.

I have it in a PLP setup with two NEC 2090wuxi. It's a functional setup, but the mismatched pixel size occasionally bothers me. I'll eventually get a 30 inch and turn the PA271 into a dedicated work monitor.
 
Back
Top