nec multisync 77f ?

chuckm1020

[H]ard|Gawd
i few hours ago i heard a click and my monitor got a tint of blue on the whole screen. it only lasted about 5 seconds then went away. it hasnt done it again and its been about 3 hours.

that happened to my old monitor. it was time for me to get a new one.

Originally posted by chuckm1020
i few hours ago i heard a click and my monitor got a tint of blue on the whole screen. it only lasted about 5 seconds then went away. it hasnt done it again and its been about 3 hours.
The "click" was probably a plastic or metal part expanding and suddenly changing position. Since the picture acquired a temporary tint at the same time (which then went away), the part involved was inside or very close to your monitor cable (extremely common) or somewhere in the blue signal path inside the monitor. It's likely that it was a one-shot event that will never reoccur. It's equally likely that it will occur every time the monitor passes through a certain temperature range -- only time will tell.

Gently wiggle both ends of the video cable around and see if it produces flickering colors on the screen. If so, it's Yet Another Loose Wire inside the dirt-cheap molded connectors. Try to keep the afflicted connector from moving around, as movement will only make the connection worse. Duct tape it to your desk for the ultimate stay-in-place solution ;)

If you're not up to replacing the video cable, you could take it in for repair, but the repair costs (depending on the shop) could easily approach that of a new monitor. Such is the state of our disposable technology :/
Good luck!

(NEC makes good monitors; I'm using a four-year old NEC Multisync FP950 with a 5-BNC cable :D)

i tried wiggling the cables and all that, doesnt do anything, its workin wonderful, and it hasnt done it since, so it was probably what u said, plastic or metal part expanding and suddenly changing position. Thanxs for the help Foobar:D

Back