http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824002122
I bought this monitor from frys electronics yesterday, $399 new. $40, 3yr insurance that allows me, in the event of any type of failure, return it for a replacement (or, if a newer model takes its place, for the new model).
My old monitor was a Dell Trinitron 20 inch flat screen CRT; it weighed nearly a 100LBS, took up lots of desk space, and produced lots of heat. It had around a dozen strange horizontal, slightly diagonal, lines that slightly contrasted any color on the screen, but nothing too bothersome.
Moving from the Trinitron to the NEC LCD was a good step up IMO. The only thing I miss about the CRT is the 100hrtz+ refresh rates and resolution scaling. The LCD has only 1 dead pixel that I can identify, and there is no noticeable ghosting (4ms RR). Although there is no glare proof coating, it hasnt become a problem. The only con I can account for at this point is the somewhat cheap material used for the frame, notably the front side.
Anyone looking into a new LCD should consider this one. I would be happy to answer any questions.
I bought this monitor from frys electronics yesterday, $399 new. $40, 3yr insurance that allows me, in the event of any type of failure, return it for a replacement (or, if a newer model takes its place, for the new model).
My old monitor was a Dell Trinitron 20 inch flat screen CRT; it weighed nearly a 100LBS, took up lots of desk space, and produced lots of heat. It had around a dozen strange horizontal, slightly diagonal, lines that slightly contrasted any color on the screen, but nothing too bothersome.
Moving from the Trinitron to the NEC LCD was a good step up IMO. The only thing I miss about the CRT is the 100hrtz+ refresh rates and resolution scaling. The LCD has only 1 dead pixel that I can identify, and there is no noticeable ghosting (4ms RR). Although there is no glare proof coating, it hasnt become a problem. The only con I can account for at this point is the somewhat cheap material used for the frame, notably the front side.
Anyone looking into a new LCD should consider this one. I would be happy to answer any questions.
