BurntToast
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2003
- Messages
- 3,678
Just recently I have been problems with my display. For no apparent reason it looks like I have been put into warp speed and it doesnt let go.
Exactly in the center of the screen, going horizontal is a white line maybe 3-5 pixels tall. When I look at it I can see the screen, it looks squished. I tried using my DVI and VGA connectors on my video card, but that doesnt seem to work. For one week I swapped out my CRT for a LCD and for that whole week my LCD was just fine. I also have a 1500va UPS that I plug my monitor into just in case of any power issues. But just to make sure I also connected my CRT to the wall socket and it still has issue.
I have been able to find a temp fix for this solution, but this doesnt really seem like a fix since hitting my monitor until the display comes back on doesnt seem like the technical fix I'm looking for.
So... does this just mean that there is a short of some kind in my monitor and that I need to have it sent back for RMA? Also does anyone know of this as being an issue with this display?
Thanks
Exactly in the center of the screen, going horizontal is a white line maybe 3-5 pixels tall. When I look at it I can see the screen, it looks squished. I tried using my DVI and VGA connectors on my video card, but that doesnt seem to work. For one week I swapped out my CRT for a LCD and for that whole week my LCD was just fine. I also have a 1500va UPS that I plug my monitor into just in case of any power issues. But just to make sure I also connected my CRT to the wall socket and it still has issue.
I have been able to find a temp fix for this solution, but this doesnt really seem like a fix since hitting my monitor until the display comes back on doesnt seem like the technical fix I'm looking for.
So... does this just mean that there is a short of some kind in my monitor and that I need to have it sent back for RMA? Also does anyone know of this as being an issue with this display?
Thanks