• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nec LCD2080ux+bk

I just got one of the Nec2080ux+ black from Dell this week. It is nice and has contrast adjustment when using dvi. If your interested in getting it you will have to call them and give them the Dell part # A0225501 or they will get confused, that is the part number for the black one. Of course you can use their coupons and make them give you the specials when they have them like 10% off. The Nec 2180ux is a 20ms that is 21.3 inches I think and costs only about 50 bucks more at most places I have seen. But I decided to stick with the 16ms 2080ux+

(They have the inches wrong) http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...1616991/search=lcd2080ux+/ut=0ce6bec6484ed1c9

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...&ut=0ce6bec6484ed1c9&found=2&search=lcd2180ux
 
have you compared your NEC to the Dell 2001FP? They use the same panel but I suspect NEC produce a higher quality product than the dell monitor. I was wondering if it had the same plastic cover or sheet that seems to cause the screen door effect on the 2001fp. I have the 2001fp but I would not be above spending the 1200 for NEC if it is better. comparison observations would be nice if you had any...
 
I never have seen the 2001fp in person, I don't want something that says dell on my desk. However they are probably similiar visual quality but I think nec has better quality control after all the complaints I've heard about the 2001fp. It really only has minor screendooring on certain shades of grey with your face on the monitor, other than that u can't see it. So I don't know if it's less than the 2001fp or not. But I like having contrast control with dvi also cuz I will always use dvi on it.

oh also it seems to have much better scaling than I have seen on other lcd's. lower resolutions than 1600x1200 still look decent.
 
Back
Top