NEC EA244WMi 24" IPS LED Monitor

Nice work, ufoncz! Thanks!

I keep meaning to ask a couple questions but I'm constantly busy. I'll get back to you with some questions later if you don't mind.

Hi ufoncz,

Question for you, if you don't mind. [H] user undertaker2k8 reported that the HP ZR2440W now comes with a semi-glossy screen! That is, if you get one with a newer build date. (The full thread is here.) So, if the HP ZR2440W is now semi-glossy, how do you think it compares to the NEC EA244WMi?

It looks like the ZR2440W did pretty well on the backlight uniformity test, according to your review. One of the things that annoy me is when different parts of the screen show different shades of what should be the same color. The NEC one has a left-to-right variation, so that the entire right half would probably appear a different color shade. At least on the HP it's more symmetric, so that the differences are more in the corners.

Unless, do you think that other characteristics of the monitor were also changed? Is it possible? In the same post, the user said that the right side of the screen is markedly warmer. That would be annoying to me, I think. Do you think maybe he just received a bad sample?

Sorry for late reply - but If there is a new revision with completely different panel, I'm not able to make verdict.

Good news are that I recently reviewed another semigloss IPS with 1920 x 1200 px completely flicker-free (without PWM):
BenQ BL2411PT
http://extrahardware.cnews.cz/recen...mba-ktera-konecne-znici-blikajici-dell-u2412m
(cheaper than NEC EA244WMi and HP ZR2440w, only flickering matte Dell U2412M is cheaper)

We re preparing english version of this review for ExtraHardware.com, so stay tuned.

Just a note: Prad.de reviewed probably some older revision with higher contrast for a price of uncalibrated colors (especially blue).

Edit: BenQ BL2411PT: IPS bomb that’ll finally destroy flickering Dell U2412M

Last edited:
Back