NEC Consoles: Turbo grafx, Duo, PC Engine...

noobtech

2[H]4U
Just wondering what order the systems go... and what all systems were made from NEC.

I think it's like this, but correct me if i'm wrong or let me know what to add.

Turbo Grafx 16
Turbo Grafx 16 w/ CD
Turbo Grafx Express (hand-held)
Turbo Duo

PC Engine
PC Engine DUO
PC Engine DUO R
Which one is the top of the line for the PC Engine Duo?

Could anyone let me know if you can play the US games on the PC Engine? I am pretty sure you can't play the Japanese ones on the US version.

For the last 10 years i've been watching eBay, but prices have never dropped or went too high. It's been maintaining around the same area, however there are no more NEW IN BOX for cheap prices like there were when NEC was kinda somewhat in the market still.

The NEC systems were always something that I wanted, but never got because no friends I knew owned one so I couldn't try them out. Its also the nastalgia of it. I always liked seeing the Y's 1&2 series, Bonk, Y's 4... Even the Working Designs games!! There are really no places on the net that has any dedication to the NEC systems and I would like to start collecting some data now and eventually owning one.

You can't play Super CD games or PC Engine CD games in a Turbo Grafx CD unless you have a super system card in the Hu card slot.

The Turbo Duo will play any CD games but needs a converter to play PC Engine Hu cards.

I imported a copy of Dracula X in '92 or '93 to play on my Duo and it worked fine. In fact I just played it again a few weeks ago.

I think Dracula X is the best castlevania game besides Symphony of the Night on PS1. I've seen it go for anywhere between $100 and $250 in the last year.

I think the PC Engine Hu converters were third party, best bet would be ebay.

Back