NEC ColorComp

xyeLz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
134
Is ColorComp better off or on? Do you use it?

What about NEC MultiProfiler. Does anyone use that or is it just extra software that isn't REALLY needed?
 
Don't worry about MultiProfiler.

I use Color comp on zero with my LCD2490WUXi2-BK and LCD2690WUXi-BK.

Try the different settings. I suggested you turn it off to see if it helps your back-light bleed on blacks.
 
it can also impact contrast ratio so it's probably about finding a happy medium between improving uniformity and maintaining a decent enough CR. Suppose its use also depends on how uniform the screen is anyway without it on, or whether your use requires high end uniformity
 
Thanks guys.

Yeah 10e, that's what prompted me to ask if I should use it at all. It didn't do anything for the BLB, unfortunately.

I am still in the talks with NEC about them sending me a fourth replacement. :/

Thanks, I'll stay away from MultiProfiler and I'll continue to mess with CC.
 
Colorcomp can't do anything for BLB. You are usually checking BLB with a black screen, your LCD is already at 0, you can't use colorcomp to go less than zero.

All colorcomp can do is even up mid/bright tones, by adjusting down the bright areas (on uneven white) or a bit of up/down on mid-tones.

I don't use it. It will likely lower your contrast but making whites less bright as it tries to even out the screen.

I don't really see enough uniformity to need correction and I lost ~100 points of contrast using it IIRC.
 
Colorcomp can't do anything for BLB. You are usually checking BLB with a black screen, your LCD is already at 0, you can't use colorcomp to go less than zero.

All colorcomp can do is even up mid/bright tones, by adjusting down the bright areas (on uneven white) or a bit of up/down on mid-tones.

I don't use it. It will likely lower your contrast but making whites less bright as it tries to even out the screen.

I don't really see enough uniformity to need correction and I lost ~100 points of contrast using it IIRC.

I only suggested it as I find it not only lowers the white level brightness, but it raises the black level too. I also noticed that on my 26" it seems to add some sort of clouding to the blacks, so I shut it off and the clouding went away. Maybe it's something unique to the 26".

It was worth a shot ;)
 
Back
Top