NEC 3500AG problem

p.i.m.p

Gawd
i'm using Nero6 ver 6.6.0.1, wheres that option that tells me what modes my burner supports ?

i'm also having problems burning data DVD's "NOT CD's" with Nero6.

when i first tried a dataDVD the burning bar froze up at 29%, had to ctrl+alt+del to close nero6 and then couldnt open the burners door, had to reboot.

my next dataDVD froze at 99%, then the same as above :(

i decided to install NTI's CD MAKER GOLD, DVD's burn in 20 mins at 4x and everything is ok, BUT after exiting the program i cannot read the DVD through explorer, but when i put the burned DVD in my old Creative 5xDVD (and i mean old) i'm able to read the disk and copy the burned data no problem..

i would like to be able to read the burned DVD's through the NEC cause i wanted to get rid of the CreativeDVD player and have just one drive..

so whats going on ?

i havent yet, still using 2.16 i think..

but from reading other forums/reviews many people said they'd rather keep the 2.16 that came with the drive then get new firmware..

BTW, the DVD media i used was Msonic 1x-4x DVD-R

and CD-R media is some crappy noname brand..

but i'll try the 2.18 firmware and see how it goes...

if it doesnt go well how can i go back to the original 2.16 firmware ?

mayb its ur media...never head of that brand...but if i were u, id buy better media then try burning again. if it still the same then id return it. dont flash it to 2.18 b/c if u flash, your warrenty will not work so ud b stuck w/ a messed up drive. use 2.16 for a week or so 1st to make sure it works than flash.

Back