• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NEC 2141 SBBK

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
14,522
I have this old CRT and I want to sell it, but what is it worth? It was top of the line back in CRT days not too long ago...
 
fair enough, I think it was $1000 monitor 8 years ago, and hell my computer 8 years ago is still faster than my work laptop, so I thought it might have some value. If I was to put this on CL, would I have to put it up for free or would something like $50 be worth it?
 
You can get anywhere from 0$ (freecycle) to maybe $50ish on CL. It really comes down to luck and if there are any CRT buyers in your area.

I have been trying to sell a similar NEC model (I think it was considered one below yours) for like the past 6 months on CL. I started pricing at $50, and am down to $20 now.

I have had nibbles, and one strange guy who keeps saying he wants to buy it, yet never sets a pickup date. This same guy also went into far too much detail regarding every CRT he owns (supposedly 30+ highend CRTs), and how he needs so many because he has so many computers...

So... you may be able to get something from CL, but just keep in mind that like half of the people there seem crazy.
 
You can get anywhere from 0$ (freecycle) to maybe $50ish on CL. It really comes down to luck and if there are any CRT buyers in your area.

I have been trying to sell a similar NEC model (I think it was considered one below yours) for like the past 6 months on CL. I started pricing at $50, and am down to $20 now.

I have had nibbles, and one strange guy who keeps saying he wants to buy it, yet never sets a pickup date. This same guy also went into far too much detail regarding every CRT he owns (supposedly 30+ highend CRTs), and how he needs so many because he has so many computers...

So... you may be able to get something from CL, but just keep in mind that like half of the people there seem crazy.

I would stay away from that guy lol
 
hi Justin.

I am interested. i have a viewsonic crt that is 18" and I have found that not only are my eyes not happy with lcds, i keep finding that the crts are often a far better monitor.

do you still have it?

I will now try to send a message to you.

freestone
 
Back
Top