Nebraska?

d03boy

Limp Gawd
There has GOT to be someone in Nebraska that knows what the internet is... seriously...there aren't ever any LAN parties around here other than in Omaha, which I dont even want to TRY to find my way around. Let me know if you're from Lincoln or somewhere near Seward! (Highly.. .highly... doubt it)

i know it doesn't count but i have a few friends that live up there..

maybe i can ask them about lan's and get back to about them if so..

Yea, I live in Lincoln, we'll be hosting a lan at the very start of the summer. Looking for people, so far I have about 40-50 people confirmed, still looking for a place to host. If you're interested in joining up, entry fee is gonna be between $2-$5, food = free, drink = free. More info will be comming as the summer approaches.

I live in Scottsbluff...
No lan's here, wanna try one out sometime, I might take a roadie if you guys have a large one setup.

Send me an email at [email protected] with info please

So far I have at least 40 interested parties for this LAN, and I have sufficient funding to make it...very nice =)

Our switches/routing equipment will be borrowed from a cisco warehouse in omaha a friend works at, he has permission to take them.

Food and drinks will be provided free of charge - the cover charge of course.

Cover charge of $5-$10(undecided so far). That covers 48 hours of straight lan play, setup would be the first 6 hours before the lan. You can bring one guest, they get in at $2, but they can't have a computer.

As far as property wise, we're looking at renting a warehouse or something from a friend of mine for a few days, should get it cheap, this is our only setback really heh.

Any other ideas, etc? This is all still in plannning, and far from totally done. If this all works out as I think it will, this will probably become a regular thing every few months here for us.

Thats all for now, questions comments directed to this thread or [email protected] Thanks!

I am from Lincoln. I know what the intarweb is. I am always down for a little fragin. Let me know dates and times.

sweet, I am all up for a trip to lincoln.
just get back to us with where, when and what games :D

Alright! Lincoln is the perfect place for me! 20 min away is all, and I go there frequently anyways. I've never been to a LAN party, mostly because I've only seen them around here in Omaha on a frequent basis, and the Doane College one in Crete every year or so. I'm looking forward to this, count me in!

hey guys,
im from vermillion, sd (just north of sioux city, ia)
what games you plan on playing at this lan?
i have never been to one but it might be fun since its
fairly close by!

I live close to lincoln (wahoo) but I dont think I'd attend a lan party :eek:

Originally posted by Imma
I live close to lincoln (wahoo) but I dont think I'd attend a lan party :eek:

Awww why not? I've had a few wrestling meets in wahoo.

Originally posted by d03boy
Awww why not? I've had a few wrestling meets in wahoo.

Eh, I usually dont come here (on [H]) as you can tell from my postcount besides...if I was the only girl i'd feel weird lol

A girl? :)

I'll feel wierd, and I'm a guy... (Ive never been to a LAN party before)

Yeah. I've never been to a LAN party myself. Another reason it'd feel weird for me I guess :p

sweet...girl gamers are the best. I wanna meet you :D
Maybe my watercooling will turn you on? :p

Originally posted by NotVery[H]
sweet...girl gamers are the best. I wanna meet you :D
Maybe my watercooling will turn you on? :p

lol, well like I said I dont know if I'd be able to. I dont exactly have transportation there anyways. My nazi parents arent letting me get a car. I been to lincoln lots though.

lol, well like I said I dont know if I'd be able to. I dont exactly have transportation there anyways. My nazi parents arent letting me get a car. I been to lincoln lots though.

I'll pick you up, stop making excuses haha. Seriously though... if you dont want to come you dont have to, but if you do, don't be afraid to ask for a ride or something... (I'm not known for raping little girls or anything)

I'll pick you up, stop making excuses haha. Seriously though... if you dont want to come you dont have to, but if you do, don't be afraid to ask for a ride or something... (I'm not known for raping little girls or anything)

What day would it be? I'd have to ask for work off. That and my parents like to know in advance If I go somewhere.

Do you go to highschool in Wahoo, or what? How old are you, Imma?

Yes I go to Wahoo Public High. I'm a junior and I'm 17 :p

What day would it be? I'd have to ask for work off. That and my parents like to know in advance If I go somewhere.

Yes I go to Wahoo Public High. I'm a junior and I'm 17 :p

Haha... I have no idea when it would be, or even where.

Paul Sutton is my wrestling hero

Haha... I have no idea when it would be, or even where.

Paul Sutton is my wrestling hero

He's in my Psychology class :eek: He was in my pre-cal one too but I dropped it.

I hear he's a great wrestler but I never go to any of the wrestling things.

Do you know who Tim Larsen is? He's a wrestler too. I hate that kid so much. He's such a tard.

And when you figure out a date on the LAN let me know...I'd need a week in advance if I were to go.

Sweeeet...Im just waiting to know when this will all go down. Im actually willing to chip in more than just the cover charge at the door if we need some more funding to get this off the ground. Monthly type thing would be awsome.
I actually got an Email from some local scottsbluff LAN'ers via this thread. I wonder if they would be game for smashing into the mustang and heading up.

Well if anyone knows of any around the Lincoln area, let us know here. I'd love to go.

Thanks for the bump ;)

I'm still watching this thread in case anything happens... I'm excited!

I had a great week :D Just thought I'd say that :)

I still check this thread every so often for updates.

Why was your week great if you don't mind me asking? :p

Everything about it was just great. Now this one is kind of bad:(

A little late on the news post but who cares. I just Recently Moved to nebraska from colorado and Well I went to lans every other weekend thats how many there were down there. So Since there arnt any Lan Here in lincoln in nebraska or omaha on a regular basis Ive decided to run my own. The lan Link will be www.cyberclans.net and www.cyberclans.com . We Ill be holding a lan for sure In June. The lan will be located on Grampa Johns farm. Pictures of the lan area will also be posted on that site. The New site Should be updates within 2 weeks. So be on the watch. :)

Cool man.
Looks like I will be moving back to Oregon around the 5th of June...most likely going to miss this LAN...:(

Grandpa Johns... sweet... is that business closed now or what? I've seen that sign that says something about "Computer Repair" but i have trouble reading it going 60mph. Do you own Grandpa Johns now or something? I'll for sure be at the party if I'm not busy.. I hope its in EARLY june because late june is when I'm busy... later

Joe from Seward

there is a PC repair place ON grandpa johns farm? I'm so confused... back in the day I went to get punkins' from there... where in the world is there room for a pc repair place? Is there much business around there? i luv u
joe

Yeah, DaGeeks is run at the farm. Its in the old creamery. We have 3 dsl lines and we have a nice shop. We had an Idea. Since the lan will be 3 days we have alot of space out here for sleep what about makeing a little camping area. :)

this sounds awesome.. might as well hook up a wireless router so people like me with laptops can surf the net and stuff from the camping area haha

How many people do you know of, would come to it? I promise I will be there as long as i havn't already made any important plans (like going to mexico or kansas city mid june)

Joe

We already have wireless set up so you can most likely get it at the camp area. We set a date today. Not sure on the times yet but the dates are. June 11th - the 13th. Ive ran many lans, so we are looking at sponsors like ThermalTake, Bawls, and Nvidia usually throws out some shwag.

Back