NCQ

SHREK

Weaksauce
Joined
May 14, 2005
Messages
103
Hello

I am in the middle of doing some tweaking and with my new install of vista 64 and my newly built computer.

SYSTEM

PSU: OCZ 700 WATT
CPU: Intel QX6700
MOBO: Intel D975BX2
RAM: Corsair XMS2 Dominator TWIN2X2048 4-4-4-12
HDD: 4x 150GB Raptor Drives (RAID 10)
VGA: X1950 PRO 256MB

During installation i didn't see no prompt to install a third party driver for raid configuration, or maybe i missed it.

But i am trying to figure out how to get NCQ enabled on my system and with the documentation from intel it stated that the you are require to have "Intel Storage Manager Technology" installed after Vista ultimate was loaded. And after reading the readme.txt it says that i require "iastore.sys:" file in the driver details.

I reinstalled the program twice and was prompted that the program wasn't installed corectly and the driver details still doesn't have this file installed.

How do I get this straightened out.

cheers

SHREK
 
no idea but you might try this (at your own risk) . I would make a restore point if vista has it.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1159427

Ok, for those who read my "story" and are interested in the solution themself, here is how I solved the problem - let's start by saying I did not have to reinstall Windows XP. So, if you cannot install the Intel Matrix Storage Drivers from the OS because you did not install Windows XP on native mode SATA drive(AHCI) with the help of the F6 method, all you need to do is this:
1.extract the driver files from the Matrix Storage installer (you do this running the installer with the options -A - P <path>).
2.go to device manager, look for the IDE controller, chose update drivers and do not let windows search for drivers. Just go manually all the way and choose the extracted drivers. Ignore all warnings
3.Best of luck!
 
Back
Top