• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

ncq question

MoxMonkey

Weaksauce
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
95
so i haven't done any reading into hardware in ages and yet i need more storage space

The issue.....I'm running a dfi nf3 250gb board and the best deal i've found on a drive is a 320gb seagate sata2 drive with ncq. Sata2 should be able to work at limited speeds from my understanding but i wasn't sure about ncq as I had remembered that there was an issue between the two. Clarification would be great
 
I'm guessing your board supports SATA 1 spec right? If so your transfer rates should remain the same since you won't max out 150mb/sec connection. I believe you will lose NCQ on SATA I spec though, which isn't really going to impact speed unless you're doing alot of I/O activities on the drive.
 
Back
Top