Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Yes, you need a mboard that supports it. Currently you need an IHC6r or greater from intel to support ncq on the board ora controller card that specifically say it supports it. I love having NCQ turned on as it makes using virtual machines that are cranking away at the HD while I'm working on other things a snap. Remember though, if you are using raptors, they support TCQ and not NCQ. You'll need a card like a pacific digital talon raid card to support that in the SATA world.
I get a huge amount of benefit from it because I frequently have vmware running with things inside it cranking away for tests. This allows everything else to run smoothly.