NCASE v3 Office

Moogoos

Limp Gawd
Well, after literally about a year in the works my office is almost complete. It was really centered around the NCASE. I love this thing. Small, powerful and sexy as hell. Have it hooked up to 3 27" DELL 1440p monitors running Windows 8.1 and Yosemite, with a 980 GTX in a full GPU/CPU loop.

Still have a little clean up left to do but I won't be changing this rig for a very long time, I think. ;)

IMG_6620.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post more images of your setup mate? the internals of your PC? that'll come in handy really

Can you post more images of your setup mate? the internals of your PC? that'll come in handy really

Hi,

I don't have a lot of build pics as the PC was sorta put together over a long period of time. I first had a bad GPU and dealing with a full water loop on a GPU swap is a pita. So it sat for awhile til I had a chance to put the new one in. It's mostly EK blocks and NCASE rear reservoir. It's dead silent. The wires have since been all cleaned up. It did take me a few tries to get the angles right and the depths for the loop with the correct parts so had to order one-offs here and there to get it just right.

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_6740.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

Last edited:
My setup is pretty much exactly the same with GT AP-14's w/ a potentiometer to adjust the fan speeds manually

We must have a differing opinion on "dead silent" :D - mine is acceptable, but hardly silent

My setup is pretty much exactly the same with GT AP-14's w/ a potentiometer to adjust the fan speeds manually

We must have a differing opinion on "dead silent" :D - mine is acceptable, but hardly silent

heh. Well I can't hear it at all. Perhaps cause I can't here anything at the 4k area.

Most likely seating position differences, mine sits to my right only 2.5 feet away, yours looks like it sits to your left closer to the corner and further from you

Is it weird that I like your desk the most out of all the stuff in the picture?

I want one of those...

Is it weird that I like your desk the most out of all the stuff in the picture?

I want one of those...

The desk is my pride and joy. Built from a workbench top from ULINE that was refinished and then added adjustable legs from IKEA. I have had so many desks in my time and they all sucked. I kept needing real estate and adjustability and didn't care for drawers so decided to see what I could build. 8' wide 30" deep and 30" tall.

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

Cost about $400 all in and about 10 hours of sanding, prep, staining and such.

Yeah I like the desk too. For my current office desk I basically just looked around at dining room tables because, like you, I really just wanted a nice big piece of wood on some legs. It is surprisingly hard to find a nice minimalist desk like that!

Back