Hello, I finally received my NCASE M1 last week, and got some time to finish the build this weekend. I was hoping some experts could answer some questions I have:
CPU: 4690k
Motherboard: Maximus VII Impact
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866Mhz
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-C14 w/ single NF-P14
Case Cooling: Noctua NF-F12 (bottom)
PSU: Silverstone SX600-G
The system is built but I have some optimization questions:
1. Is is preferable to have a single 140mm fan attached to the heatsink, or have 2 120mm fans attached to the bracket? I should have attached a picture, but my PSU's fan intake is currently on the "right side" of the case facing the front, i.e. the PSU fan intakes air from directly outside the case.
Expanding upon this question, is my current setup fine, or are there gains to be had by attaching 2 120mm fans to the bracket, and turning around the PSU so the second 120mm fan blows air toward it?
2. If I am not using the bracket, is it necessary? This may be a stupid question but I am wondering if the bracket also adds rigidity/stability to the case, or if it is safe to remove it?
I am asking this because I also bought the Demcifilters for the M1, and tbh they are far too restrictive. It may have been my inaccurate testing methodology but I saw temperature increases of 5C and above on all cores when the filters were in place.
So instead of using the filters I was thinking of simply using the filters included with the M1, but if I am going with the single fan mounted directly to the heatsink, I need to attach the filter directly to the heatsink fan instead of the bracket.
For clarity, the screw holes in the bracket are not aligned with the screw holes in the fan since the fan is positioned offset to better cover the heatsink.
Thank you for your time.
CPU: 4690k
Motherboard: Maximus VII Impact
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866Mhz
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-C14 w/ single NF-P14
Case Cooling: Noctua NF-F12 (bottom)
PSU: Silverstone SX600-G
The system is built but I have some optimization questions:
1. Is is preferable to have a single 140mm fan attached to the heatsink, or have 2 120mm fans attached to the bracket? I should have attached a picture, but my PSU's fan intake is currently on the "right side" of the case facing the front, i.e. the PSU fan intakes air from directly outside the case.
Expanding upon this question, is my current setup fine, or are there gains to be had by attaching 2 120mm fans to the bracket, and turning around the PSU so the second 120mm fan blows air toward it?
2. If I am not using the bracket, is it necessary? This may be a stupid question but I am wondering if the bracket also adds rigidity/stability to the case, or if it is safe to remove it?
I am asking this because I also bought the Demcifilters for the M1, and tbh they are far too restrictive. It may have been my inaccurate testing methodology but I saw temperature increases of 5C and above on all cores when the filters were in place.
So instead of using the filters I was thinking of simply using the filters included with the M1, but if I am going with the single fan mounted directly to the heatsink, I need to attach the filter directly to the heatsink fan instead of the bracket.
For clarity, the screw holes in the bracket are not aligned with the screw holes in the fan since the fan is positioned offset to better cover the heatsink.
Thank you for your time.