Ncase m1 - psu + HDD cage + CPU cooler?

martin1454

n00b
Hi, im planning to build a Ncase m1 v.5 the current plan is to use my old CPU and GFX

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
GFX: Asus GTX 780 3gb (stock cooler)

im looking to use this motherboard:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX LGA1150

but my question is what combo of PSU and CPU cooler i should use, if i want to use the 3.5 HDD cage also?

either the Power Supply:
Silverstone SX500-LG 500W Gold SFX-L or the
Silverstone SX600G Gold?

And right now im thinking about using the Noctua NH-L12 as cpu cooler - any better/more quiet i can use whitout loosing the HDD cage and still fit in the cabinet?

Hi, im planning to build a Ncase m1 v.5 the current plan is to use my old CPU and GFX

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
GFX: Asus GTX 780 3gb (stock cooler)

im looking to use this motherboard:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX LGA1150

but my question is what combo of PSU and CPU cooler i should use, if i want to use the 3.5 HDD cage also?

either the Power Supply:
Silverstone SX500-LG 500W Gold SFX-L or the
Silverstone SX600G Gold?

And right now im thinking about using the Noctua NH-L12 as cpu cooler - any better/more quiet i can use whitout loosing the HDD cage and still fit in the cabinet?

Both of those PSUs will work for what you're after. Please mind the issues of SFX-L pressing against the GPU. You can't go wrong with the L12. The Scythe Kabuto II is also compatible with the HDD cage, and has gotten a lot of good press around here. See the spreadsheet linked in the first post of the main M1 thread for more options... or just go for the L12:)

The Noctua U9S and D9L are safe bets, since they don't exceed the footprint of the CPU socket and therefore won't have problems with any motherboard or RAM, and will easily clear the 3.5" HDD cage. The only downside is you can't use an intake fan on the rear half of the side bracket, directly over the CPU, but with a fan or two on the bottom it should be fine.

Back