NB Fan burned out?

BronxBartoni

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
410
I just noticed that the fan on my NB burned out, its a MSI Neo2 Plat. . CPU is at 2205 mhz, with temps at 32 idle and 48-50 load. How big of a deal is it if I dont run a fan on my NB, is this gonna kill my mobo?
 
not necesarily, but its there fore a reason. it might cause instability. (you can buy a cheap replacement in just about every pc store)
 
I had the same board and it fried too. I have it outside of a case sitting on a shelf running with a larger heatsink pulled from an older video card - and it's still sitting at about 50C (the machine is rarely on, I was just testing) so unless you get some giant passive cooling for it, expect instability. Mine's really flaky when running 50C or higher.
 
Back
Top