National Clean Our Your Computer Day

Computer is clean..but decided it was a good day to clean out the PS3's...holy shit did that thing get dirty..got in there and decided fuck it, may as well refresh the thermal paste on it while I'm at it. Way to over complicate things dek..

I love having a 33 gallon air compressor just for this. Think leaf blower on nitrous with more focus. Actually it ls for working on my car but it's cleaned the dust out of many computers.

Pretty sure I owned that ECS motherboard at some point.

I spray my dust filters clean once a month.... whole PC cleaning only happens when I upgrade and have to open it all up anyway.

I've used non-chlorinated brake cleaner on a few. Depends on the level of funk you're dealing with
Agreed. Some smoker's cases can be nasty with resin. Bit apprehensive using brake Clean since I have seen how it can affect certain plastics. Which is why I am partial to CRC Lectra Motive spray for this.

Agreed. Some smoker's cases can be nasty with resin. Bit apprehensive using brake Clean since I have seen how it can affect certain plastics. Which is why I am partial to CRC Lectra Motive spray for this.

You are correct on the plastics, and I prefer CRC electronics or contact cleaner, but I have not had an issue with the non-chlorinated the couple times I've used it. YMMV of course

My pcie card wouldn't fit in my agp slot so i cut it but now it doesn't work. Advise?

Back