Nathan Fillion Is Finally Playing Nathan Drake in This Uncharted Fan Film

Hey if Ryan Reynolds can get Deadpool made this way, why the hell not give it a shot!

I would love an uncharted film with Nathan Fillion, but part of me wonders if he is getting a bit old for that or wants to do the stunts? Plus he is doing another TV show now.

This was undeniably cool to see (we've all imagined Nathan Fillion as Drake) but to be completely realistic about this, an actual movie would have to go WAY above and beyond the cliche writing and dialogue. I mean, it fits the games because they're chock full of cliches, but for Sony to want to put effort into making a movie, this C-grade writing definitely won't cut it.

This was undeniably cool to see (we've all imagined Nathan Fillion as Drake) but to be completely realistic about this, an actual movie would have to go WAY above and beyond the cliche writing and dialogue. I mean, it fits the games because they're chock full of cliches, but for Sony to want to put effort into making a movie, this C-grade writing definitely won't cut it.

Perhaps you're watching Sony films that I haven't been. But their blockbuster non-sense is all poorly written.

Perhaps you're watching Sony films that I haven't been. But their blockbuster non-sense is all poorly written.

Well, you have a point... I guess I'll just say that if Sony were to pick up this project based on this little "fan made" short film, it's destined to be a box office flop.

I honestly would rather they not make an Uncharted (or Last of Us) movie given how well the games pulled their stories off and how high their production values already were. It would just seem redundant since the games already play like a movie as well and I don't see any movie doing it better, it would probably just end up tarnishing the name a bit. But I could see why they would still want to do it, as long as they don't mess it up too bad, it could still profit considerably in the box office and afterwards while also driving more sales of the games as well.

I honestly would rather they not make an Uncharted (or Last of Us) movie given how well the games pulled their stories off and how high their production values already were. It would just seem redundant since the games already play like a movie as well and I don't see any movie doing it better, it would probably just end up tarnishing the name a bit. But I could see why they would still want to do it, as long as they don't mess it up too bad, it could still profit considerably in the box office and afterwards while also driving more sales of the games as well.
I don't know, I think the point of making a movie from a video game that is like a movie is to get the non gamers a chance to see what the fuss is all about. The biggest problem with the movie versions is them trying to cram a 15+ hour game that builds the character relationships and motivation into 1.5 - 2 hours. I find that is the biggest flaw of the game to movie projects. Last of Us is one of those games whose story you would think would make a great movie, but the problem is how do you cram all that into 1.5 - 2 hours? You will lose a lot of the relationship building between Joel and Ellie. It's not that it can't be done, but it will be very rushed, possibly shallow and full of corny cliche moments trying to get it into the time frame. IMHO Last of Us is more of a Netflix/Amazon/Hulu 8 - 10 episode series than a 2 hour movie. You can get the basics down in 2 hours but in the end I think the movie is going to basically blow the entire emotional impact of how it ends.

I liked this short and thought it worked as an interesting attempt, but it wasn't really an Uncharted movie, it was more of an Uncharted Live Action scene. :) I thought they did a great job and it made me want to see more.

^ yea, it'd be like trying to make a good movie out of something like ready player one... which was super weak from a plot and character development standpoint...

I don't know, I think the point of making a movie from a video game that is like a movie is to get the non gamers a chance to see what the fuss is all about. The biggest problem with the movie versions is them trying to cram a 15+ hour game that builds the character relationships and motivation into 1.5 - 2 hours. I find that is the biggest flaw of the game to movie projects. Last of Us is one of those games whose story you would think would make a great movie, but the problem is how do you cram all that into 1.5 - 2 hours? You will lose a lot of the relationship building between Joel and Ellie. It's not that it can't be done, but it will be very rushed, possibly shallow and full of corny cliche moments trying to get it into the time frame. IMHO Last of Us is more of a Netflix/Amazon/Hulu 8 - 10 episode series than a 2 hour movie. You can get the basics down in 2 hours but in the end I think the movie is going to basically blow the entire emotional impact of how it ends.

I liked this short and thought it worked as an interesting attempt, but it wasn't really an Uncharted movie, it was more of an Uncharted Live Action scene. :) I thought they did a great job and it made me want to see more.

The Last of Us already made a great movie. It was called, "Children of Men."

Back