Cancerkazoo
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2011
- Messages
- 5
My current server needs replacing: VIA C7 mITX
What I'm thinking is this:
CPU: Intel G620
MB: SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCL-O
RAID: 2 BR10i (1 to start)
HD(s):WD20EARS <- already have 3
RAM: Just a 1GB ECC from SuperMicro's supported list
Case: Haven't decided, but probably 2u-4u 17.5" depth as my wall mount rack is only 20" deep (any suggestions)
...Anything I should think about here?
Right now I just run SAMBA and SubSonic, might try to throw Asterisk in to try VOIP out throughout my house, Magic jack (account info ripped from unit) for outgoing and a few free DIDs routed through Google voice for incoming.
What I'm thinking is this:
CPU: Intel G620
MB: SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCL-O
RAID: 2 BR10i (1 to start)
HD(s):WD20EARS <- already have 3
RAM: Just a 1GB ECC from SuperMicro's supported list
Case: Haven't decided, but probably 2u-4u 17.5" depth as my wall mount rack is only 20" deep (any suggestions)
...Anything I should think about here?
Right now I just run SAMBA and SubSonic, might try to throw Asterisk in to try VOIP out throughout my house, Magic jack (account info ripped from unit) for outgoing and a few free DIDs routed through Google voice for incoming.