Nasty spyware and a virus

rcf1987

2[H]4U
Ok my moms computer has some spyware and a virus on it and Norton detects it but won't delete all of it. Adaware and Spy Sweeper detect all of it and delete it all, well it appears that there getting it all, but when I restart there are these two icons on the taskbar that reinstall everything and everything I took off is back on. I need help I don't wanna reformat it says it detected some spyware in my memory does that mean my memory is permantly toast? I have also tried switch the memory around.

What's the name of the spyware? Then search google for removal instructions.

your memory is most likely not toast.

if you are referring to the system RAM, then your virus probably won't do much to it unless the virus is getting to a really low level and screwing with voltages and other operating parameters that i know nothing about.

as far as your RAM is concerned, it is simply holding information that either you or the operating system put there. if you want the virus to stop getting in memory, you need to remove it so the operating system won't load it in anymore.

i've removed a bunch of virii for people by hitting google and getting removal instructions.

Uninstall Norton Antivirus

Install Avast! Home Edition
Run a boot time scan

Install Microsoft Antispyware
Run Scan

Online scan at www.antivirus.com, and Kapersky.com
I'd get a better antivirus product, like NOD32 or Kapersky, get rid of Norton
Microsoft antispyware....Advanced Tools section
Empty time files and temp internet files
Look in Add/Remove programs, uninstall any baddies you see.

mc-58-12-0000140.exe
mc-58-12-0000137.exe

These are the two files that keep reinstalling everything how do I get rid of them?

I've seen spyware in the last while that was so nasty, it just had to have a format... no other options.

QJ

QFT.
After nail.exe came around I starting giving up on spending a whole day trying to get rid of the newest shitware infections. Sometimes a format is the best way to go.

rcf1987 said:
mc-58-12-0000140.exe
mc-58-12-0000137.exe

These are the two files that keep reinstalling everything how do I get rid of them?

Well, you've got to get more forensic...probably outside the scope of this particular forum, but maybe another forum here deals with spyware as far as posting HijackThis logs, and screenshots of registry run sections, also check out files in the root of C, in %system% and system32 directories....

Have you actually done online scans at Kapersky?

Are you running the spyware removal from safemode? if not then you should be.. same with the antivirus.

Back