NAS System fails to boot

berky

2[H]4U
Hello everyone,

A few years ago (2 or so), I bought a Fastora NAS T4 system and set it up with 4 drives in RAID 5. Just the other day, it froze up on me, and now it no longer boots. I turn it on and it sits there with the sys LED blinking between red, orange and green. So I have a few questions:

1) does anyone know anything i can try to get this thing to boot? i'd like to fix it if at all possible.
2) Does anyone know what the com port settings should be to console into it?
3) If I have to get a new NAS system, will I be able to plug my existing hard drives into the new system and have it work 'plug-and-play'? the current system has the OS on flash, so the drives are storage only.
4) If I do have to get a new NAS system, what would you recommend?

Thanks

edit: the fastora web page seems to be down since i've starting trying a day or two ago. anyone know what is going on there?

well, i was doing more troubleshooting, but to no avail.

I was able to use a pc card adapter to plug the compact flash into my laptop. i used the FreeSBIE (freebsd live cd) to boot and mount/read the drive. doing an fsck on it revealed some integrity issue. i fixed that and everything appeared to be fine with the disk.

i then tried loading the flash back into the NAS, but it still won't boot.

I then used fdisk to attempt to rewrite the mbr. this did not work either. should i try boot0cfg?

I am at a loss. any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

boot0cfg did not work either. i cannot get any output on the serial console either (no video port). does anyone happen to know what the settings are supposed to be? i'm using 9600/8/none/1/none.

fastora site is still down. anyone know if they are going out of business or what the deal is there?

thanks.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Back