NAS Strikes Again!

PS-RagE

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
4,298
Although I had heard of Nikon's new SB900, I never would have thought it would be on store shelves already! When bringing my wife's notebook in for service today (I refuse to work on notebooks), the fellows were showing me the D700 and this new speedlight.

At first glance I knew I had to have it. It is more powerful and faster to recharge than the SB800 but what really got me was the new control layout. No more long button pushes to change settings between TTL and master mode - just flick a switch!

Here are some comparison shots between the SB600, SB800 and SB900:

spdlts1.jpg


spdlts2.jpg


spdlts3.jpg


Cool new foot too. Looks like it will be more stable than the last one on uneven ground.

.
 
wow, that thing is a lot bigger then i expected. congrats!
 
thats huge! lol
hopefully sb-800 prices will come down. my sb-28DX is getting old...lol
 
Yeah that bastard is sure huge. So how much was the damage? I havent even looked at it yet.
 
I was hoping to get out this weekend and see how well it works but the forecast is cold and rain all weekend so decided to stay home.

From just experimenting with the CLS using the 900 and an 800, the lighting seems more even than the 800/600 combination I normally use. I think just in general I should expect better lit images with the bigger head
 
Yeah, I like the revised layout too and I really dig CLS so I would use it a lot.

BUT

That thing is huuuuuge. And expensive. I too am using an 800/600 combo and wouldnt mind one more SB but i think I'm going to wait for the price to get down near $350 (yeah a long time) before I bite. enjoy it tho Dale!
 
Back
Top