• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NAS enclosure with INTEGRATED PSU?

ElektroDragon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 23, 2006
Messages
192
I had a bad experience with an external drive, plugging in the wrong power brick and frying all the PCBs inside.

I'd like to buy a NAS enclosure to replace it, but don't want another annoying power brick.

I have an old Bufallo LinkStation that has an integrated power supply, so a normal cord from the wall plugs straight into the back. Love the design, but its a 1TB unit and very old.

Does anyone know of any new NAS WITHOUT an external power brick? Nowadays it seems even $1000 ones use a cheap, lame power brick.
 
I've seen ones with integrated PSUs that are these 4+ drive RAID monster enclosures. I just want a simple single drive non-RAID NAS with an integrated PSU like my old Linkstation. The new Linkstations have switched to the annoying bricks. :(
 
You can probably upgrade the drive in the LinkStation; although it will still be old, and have a paltry amount of ram like mine :/
 
Back
Top