• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NAS Drives / Controller / Mobo questions

wicked_chicken

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2009
Messages
316
So a while back I built a duel rig in a Caselabs TX10D. I have a side dedicated to my NAS, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to expand it as I've filled my native SATA ports on the board (Asus E35m1-Pro).

My questions are as follows:

Firstly, if I want to expand this system to a hypothetical 48 drives (in 3 bay chunks), will the APU be able to manage the load with a decent controller?

Which controller should I consider? I have room for 2, if needs be?

Would 2.5 drives be suitable for raid 5? I would like to keep my heat/power low. I'm not really concerned with read/write times as long as network access time is reasonable.

Can anyone recommend a nice hot swap bay unit and/or company? I've looked at kingwin and they seem nice.

Thanks
 
Back
Top