• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Narrowed down to 3

xCWolf

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
1,521
So I finally have my monitor choices narrowed down to three

Dell u2412m

Alienware optx 23" 3d display

and the Acer 120hz 23.6" 3d display.

I'm not going to be gaming in 3d but i like the idea of a 120hz refresh rate

They all seem pretty decent but I'm having a ton of trouble deciding. Wha'ts your opinion [H]?
 
I did thats why i'm asking opinions :D

I've read a few reviews that say theres a big difference but i want more opinions.

I don't know much about BenQ either I assume they're a decent brand?
 
BenQ is essentially Acer. First question, what are you wanting from the monitor? OT but sort of on topic; I personally like Dell and Samsung. What about Samsung?

If you like the Dell here is someone in the FS/FT forum selling one. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1692677

** I have no affiliation with this person. Just saw the link and thought it might help you out.
 
Last edited:
I appreciate the link but i have a $400 best buy store credit i might use unless i can find a better monitor at a better deal.

I'm playing starcraft on it ALOT also generic browsing/docs etc.
 
Ah! Store credit is good.:)

I would recommend what looks best to you. I have Acer's at work and they are ok, but I don't like their color output personally. I think the contrast is too high even when I turn it down. I might recommend that you take a liitle bit of the store credit and get whatever you choose color calibrated. Just a thought.
 
yea thats probably something im going to do, as calibration is pretty important for me.
 
Back
Top