Nanotech Bandage Heals Wounds In Days

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What do you get when you embed a bandage with nanoparticles and Phenytoin? A great way to treat skin injuries, of course. Phenytoin, which accelerates healing, is loaded into nanoparticles and nanofibers, which counters some of the drawbacks of the drug such as low absorption and coverage.

The team tested the bandage, which was developed in the laboratory, on samples of human fibrous tissue and on mice. The results showed that the wounds healed completely when using the bandage embedded with nanoparticles coated with a layer of lecithin as well. El-Sherbiny stressed: “One bandage is enough to heal wounds within 10 days at the most.” The main benefit of the bandage is that it improves the reconstruction of the cells that form the epithelial tissue that lines the skin, the internal organs and body cavities. This is a healing phase that usually begins two days after the wound appears, but may be prolonged in some cases to ten weeks.

Is there someone out there that doesn't heal wounds in days? Is this really a thing 'cause whenever I get a scratch (I own a cat and she gets kinda rough sometimes) or even actual cuts all it takes is a few days. 10 days seems a bit long to me but what do I know, I guess paying money for such bandages in spite of the body healing itself without actual monetary cost is going to entice some folks to latch onto it.

Is this really a thing 'cause whenever I get a scratch (I own a cat and she gets kinda rough sometimes) or even actual cuts all it takes is a few days.

Probably talking about things more severe then cat scratches

fleshwound.jpg

Not only that, but this is for healing wounds "completely". That's probably a bit different from "oh hey it's not bleeding anymore".

Probably talking about things more severe then cat scratches

In that case a fucking Band-Aid isn't going to help either. :p

Only thing I've ever used myself is Neosporin and while I can't say I committed to some seriously scientific study in how it worked for me I did notice the damage was healed just a tad bit faster than I expected it to when I sliced open a finger years ago. Typically I don't even use Band-Aids of any kind on the minor stuff, it just heals on its own as expected. I don't take many medicines either, just some pain relief on rare occasions. My wife, on the other hand, has several problems and she's on oh maybe a dozen regular prescriptions.

Most folks are just too medicated in today's world - not everything can be cured by a pill, especially being human.

I assume this bandage has a low dose of Phenytoin, but I think I'll just stick with not using them
Common side effects include nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, poor coordination, increased hair growth, and enlargement of the gums. Potentially serious side effects include sleepiness, self harm, liver problems, bone marrow suppression, low blood pressure, and toxic epidermal necrolysis. There is evidence that use during pregnancy results in abnormalities in the baby. It appears to be safe to use when breastfeeding. Alcohol may interfere with the medication's effects.

I generally only use a bandage until a cut is not bleeding anymore. Then away it goes.

Keeping a bandage on makes it take substantially longer for a wound to heal as it doesn't let enough air get to the area that needs to heal.

Even deep cuts don't take that long. just hold it together with a bandage for a day and then take it off. As long as it is a clean cut it heals really fast.

And if you want to heal even quicker, apply some frankincense essential oil one or two times a day.
What is Frankincense Good For? 8 Surprising Uses

typically bandages heal wounds in days without anything special... i'm not sure that's a reason to use it

I'm gonna assume some people didn't bother reading the (whole) article?
main benefit of the bandage is that it improves the reconstruction of the cells that form the epithelial tissue that lines the skin, the internal organs and body cavities. This is a healing phase that usually begins two days after the wound appears,
Another advantage, the researchers note, is that the bandage minimises formation of dead cells and scars.

Though I'm still confused by this sentence
The bandage can heal wounds in a few days, after just one application to soft tissue. Wounds normally take several days to a few weeks to heal completely,

Of course I'm still not using them if they use Phenytoin

i cant wait to see the day when we can heal like the movie "Elyseum"

Back