• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

nanoHUB@Home

RFGuy_KCCO

DCOTM x4, [H]ard|DCer of the Year 2019
2FA
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
923
New BOINC project located here: https://boinc.nanohub.org/nanoHUB_at_home/

nanoHUB is a research project, based at nanoHUB.org, that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in nanoscience and nanotechnology. You can contribute to our research by running a free program on your computer.

1) It's a VirtualBox project and each WU requires ~2GB of memory.

2) WU's are labeled as multi-threaded, but actually only use one thread per WU.

3) The WU’s should each take less than 10 minutes to complete (usually more like 2-3 minutes each), but I find they often get “stuck” and never finish until they timeout and end with an error after four hours. If I happen to find these tasks running past 30 minutes, or so, I abort them. I’d say the failure rate is currently close to 50%, unfortunately. This has improved since they started sending work, though, so may (hopefully) continue to get better.

Edit 1/31/19: Changed failure rate in #3 above from 10% to 50%, as I was foolishly only taking into account the percent of tasks I was manually Aborting and not counting those that completed normally but failed to validate.
 
Last edited:
I'm using app_config to limit the number of tasks to prevent memory issue. RAM prices are trending down but still high, in my opinion.

<app_config>
<app>
<name>boinc2docker</name>
<max_concurrent>8</max_concurrent>
</app>
</app_config>


Edit: Can't run many tasks with spinner. I got one setup but it slows down everything, like opening up an excel.
 
Back
Top