Name brand 40"+ 4K options?

CaptainClueless

Limp Gawd
Are there any NAME BRAND 4K displays with low input lag and 4:4:4 4k over HDMI/DP around the 40" range? My Wasabi Mango UHD400 basically checked all my requirements boxes until it decided to break after a month. I've been looking around for displays sold by companies with global support and not eBay sellers that blow you off when you have an issue, but I haven't came across anything. Am I missing something? I'd gladly pay double what I did for this thing if it meant I had options besides throwing it in the trash if it broke.

Samsung's 2016 TVs work really well as monitors. I used to have a UHD400 just like you, but had to return it due to it being damaged. I bought a 40" Samsung KU6300 to replace it, and from what I have experienced so far it is as good, if not better, than the UHD400. Also does 4:4:4 @4k@60hz. The only thing that bothers me about it is the VA smearing, which was also present on the UHD400.

bigboss496:

I wondered if the KU6300 is BGR or RGB. Turns out it is BGR. See this image from rtings.

Attachments

• ku6300-pixels-large.jpg
    ku6300-pixels-large.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 67
CaptainClueless : you should checkout the WM 430. That one is BGR, but the people are happy with it.

I don't think we an easy answer for you though. Nothing under a <1000 bucks from Dell / LG / Philips.

Sucks, that all of these panels use BGR and a degree of PWM. It's a lost cause in this market for anyone serious about getting a display for professional or extensive desktop use. 32" 4K panels have RGB and no PWM so in looking toward that direction if I don't buy a 34" ultra wide.

Having spent too much time on this topic, I can say that there are three types of monitors in the market.

- 40/43" IPS BGR panels: they are not perfect; reflection, ghosting issues, and off course light bleeding because they are IPS.
- 40" PVA RGB: they are RGB but they have bad controllers. Bad input lag. (WM UHD 400, AMH 409)
- 40" PVA BGR: better input lag, but bad overal build quality. It's a gamble. (U400, COCO402UT).

I'm waiting till something good comes out.

Back