N64 to USB controller adapter.

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,831
The N64 was the last console I owned before I got hardcore into computer gaming and never looked back.

I still have several N64 controllers, and really like their design. I'd like to be able to use it on the computer, especially when emulating older console games. I found a cheap N64 to USB adapter on eBay but it arrived seemingly broken/nonfunctional. I plug it in and my computer acts like nothing was plugged in. I figure I got burned by a cheap chinese seller but it was only a few $, lesson learned.

Has anyone ever had one of these that actually works? Any recommendation on where to buy?
 
it seems like you'd want a driver for it. Does anything show up in device manager when you plug it in? Even if it's a 'generic usb device' or similar?
 
it seems like you'd want a driver for it. Does anything show up in device manager when you plug it in? Even if it's a 'generic usb device' or similar?

The computer simply acts like there is nothing inserted into the USB port. Nothing pops up in device manager or anything like that.
 
I've got one that i've had for a few years that worked fine last time I used it.
showed up as a generic game controller I think. (generic HID and in the game controllers control panel)
personally i'd suggest finding a better source than (crap/scam)-bay
one question: did you have the controller plugged in when you plugged it into the computer? i've got a ps1/2 one that will only show up with a controller.
 
Back
Top