n52 conflict with Cyborg EVO joystick

Lawdog

Limp Gawd
Howdy everyone. I am a frequent DC Final/BF1942 player and have enjoyed flying around with my Saitek Cyborg EVO joystick. I recently picked up a Nostromo n52 gamepad, which I love. Problem is when I installed the driver software, which allows for programming and mapping the various keys, the joystick quit working properly. When I unistalled the Belkin driver software, the joystick now works again.

Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a solution other than not using the Belkin software? I would really like to get the n52 driver software up and running again... not a huge deal for DC Final, but for other games like America's Army and CS:S, having those extra mapped keys is very handy.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have both... I don't use them together. My advice is, simply don't use the Belkin software. The keys will act like a regular keyboard. However, I think the digital pad on the gamepad may interfere with the joystick...

As the Monty Python sketch goes 'You were lucky ...' as soon as I installed the N52 (with or without the Belkin SW) my Logitech MX1000 became mostly useless (I could move the pointer, but apart from that I couldn't use it).

I later read on the Belkin site that similar mouse/n25 conflicts have been reported but there isn't a fix. Also there is mention made in an FAQ on the site of problems with the earlier n50 and joysticks in games - reccomends disabling the joystick.

I think its the scroll wheel that screws it up. If you can disable that it might work. I think its virtual mouse or something in Device manager. I dont really recall

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to just be stuck using it w/o the Belkin software. I can't just give up flying in BF2 when it arrives!

:p

Its called something like virtual user interface or virtual keyboard or something, but Im pretty sure the wheel part of the nostromo screws it. And also if you can convince the Joystick its joy1 over the nostromo, but I was too impatient to figure it out

Back