• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

N00bie needs help with proprietary case fan...

1c3d0g

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
2,266
... on this stupid Dell PC. So anyway, the case fan is starting to give up the ghost and it needs to be replaced soon by a 92mm Panaflo. However, it seems the fan is mounted with - what I suppose is - rubber grommets (probably to isolate noise and such). How do I take the fan off without breaking them? :confused: I tried pulling the fan out but it doesn't seem to come out without having to break something...
 
Pull the rubber grommets first out then remove a fan?

Reuse them after it. They are mostly very flexible So they can be used few times




MD
 
Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't know they were that flexible. And I didn't want to find out first hand ya know... ;) If they break, small things like that are very hard to come by where I live... :eek:
 
Back
Top