• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

n00b: Using ATI profile settings?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
2,659
I have just switched from a GTX 280 to a 5870 card and I don't have a lot of experience with using ATI's profile manager. I'm having trouble getting settings to apply to applications and am wondering if its due to something I'm doing wrong or if it's just driver limitations.

I did set up the profile to link to the application in question with the desired anti-aliasing settings saved to the profile. So, I right click the ATI tray tools and select the profile from the menu and the application loads, but the anti-aliasing settings just don't get applied. Is there something in my process I am missing? It seems like it should work, but it just doesn't activate.

I'm using Catalyst 10.4. Are there restrictions on which games can have forced anti-aliasing? I have also tried to apply v-sync to Borderlands and it didn't seem to take.

Any protips from seasoned ATI veterans?
 
Ok, so it seems driver forced settings can only be applied to some games. I could not force driver AA in Red Faction: Guerrilla, but I can force driver AA for Portal.

Are there any work arounds for this? I think I'm probably gonna sell my 5870 and switch to a GTX 480
 
Back
Top