n00b SATA Question...

Q-Ball

Weaksauce
I know this is probably a n00b question, but here's my problem: I just finished putting my new system together (with an ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe :D ) and I know I need to load SATA drivers at windows setup so I can use my SATA drive. But I am unsure how to make a disk for the NVidia SATA drivers. I found a utility to make a disk for the Silicon Image controller, but I'd like to use the NVidia SATA ports. Should I just install windows with the SI controller or did I miss something and is there a way to make a disk with the NVidia drivers?

Edit: Crap, after thinking about it, this was probably the wrong forum to post on. Mods feel free to move it. Thanks.

Asus ships all necessary drivers on the CD that comes with the motherboard. RAID drivers that require a floppy usually have their own program (Asus only, it's called MakeDisk.exe) in the relevant folder on that CD. Pop the CD into another Windows PC and run MakeDisk.exe with a floppy in the drive. That's your XP driver floppy.

Ok cool, thanks. I guess I just wasn't sure if makedisk.exe was going to install the NV SATA drivers too.

There may be more than one MakeDisk.exe. Check all of the driver folders.

Yeah, there were 4 of them, I think. I made a disk from the one in the "chipset folder". It installed "nvstorage" and "nvraid". I'm guessing those were the right ones. So far so good, anyway.

Back