N00b question time

Eulogy

2[H]4U
Hey again... more questions from me.
So I'm folding on a VM on my ESX host. I was running a 2008R2 server and folding with that. Just to see if OpenSUSE would give me more ppd, I installed it and got the client up and running on it. Easy enough to do. What I want to know is... on my laptop, I also have F@H running when I can. On FAHControl, I have it set to show my laptop, my ESX (2k8R2) folder and another folder I have going. It's nice as I can just click between the three to see their current work etc. etc. However, what I can't figure out, is how to setup the remote access on the linux client. I tried ./fah6 -configonly -smp and went through the advanced options, but I didn't see anything about remote config. My google-fu must be lacking as so far I haven't been able to find anything on setting it up there either.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? :confused:

You should use HFM.net, much better IMHO. With the being said, that's the only thing I know how to configure. It's as easy as setting up a FTP server on the Linux box (easy enough) then logging via FTP and HFM.net will pull the data and display it along with the rest of your clients. Very easy setup.

Muskys ubuntu guide adresses this, id grab a link for you , but im on my phone atm

Yes, the sticky for horde central has a link

You may need to tweak it to work with opensuse, i dont remember what it entailed

Are you talking about trying to remote control a V6 client from a FAHControl? That isn't possible with the V6 client. You will need to install the V7 Client on the OpenSUSE VM.

I totally read that as FAHMon, not FAHControl. My bad.

Hey again... more questions from me.
So I'm folding on a VM on my ESX host. I was running a 2008R2 server and folding with that. Just to see if OpenSUSE would give me more ppd, I installed it and got the client up and running on it. Easy enough to do. What I want to know is... on my laptop, I also have F@H running when I can. On FAHControl, I have it set to show my laptop, my ESX (2k8R2) folder and another folder I have going. It's nice as I can just click between the three to see their current work etc. etc. However, what I can't figure out, is how to setup the remote access on the linux client. I tried ./fah6 -configonly -smp and went through the advanced options, but I didn't see anything about remote config. My google-fu must be lacking as so far I haven't been able to find anything on setting it up there either.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? :confused:

That tells me that you are using the v6 client. The linux guide doesn't use the V7 client. http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037125470&postcount=2 step 8 downloads the 6.34 client.

Check this, http://folding.stanford.edu/English/LinGuide
It has a command line install part way down the page. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on it or how you would set up the remote connection/password etc.

Back