• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

N00b help needed. How to fold with multiple comps, without borging

Davenow

Gawd
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
955
So I am now folding on my work PC (perks of being in IT dept, I dont have to ask anyone), I want to fold on my home machine while I am at work, and I have a spare P3 500 machine that is sitting there doing nothing, so I may as well fold on that one too.

But these are all going to remain seperate entities.

So, how can I fold on all 3, and get credit under one name? Is it possible? If I set them all to the same username and team will it work out that way?


I really HATE to have such a powerful machine at home doing nothing all day :( May as well use it for a higher purpose.
 
Just use the same user name and team ( team 33 ) and you will be fine. Use the non-nonsense console version if you are running windows, Install it as a service. :D


 
You've got the idea. Just make sure user and team are setup with the same information, and before long you can watch that active CPU count grow!

 
I just wanted to bring up that what you're doing with your own computers is essentially the same thing you would be doing if you were borging. You're just doing it with your own computers. When you borg you set up someone else's rig to fold using your user name and team number. You get their permission to do it, of course, but that's all there is to it. Same steps, just different ownership of computer.

Give it a try! It's fun ;)

Sorry if this is a useless post ... the title of the thread made me want to clear up a slight confusion that may exist about what borging is.

 
losttime said:
Sorry if this is a useless post ... the title of the thread made me want to clear up a slight confusion that may exist about what borging is.


No, totally not wasted time. I was going on the assumption that borging was making them into a cluster of sorts. Or having them all work on the same process.

Well I will be borging the main machine tonight, and if I get the time to do the reformat/reinstall on the p3 500 machine, that will be in as well.
I got a few cd keys to try out on an MSDN release of media center 2005 and I want to try to install that (purely for "testing" purposes ;) )
 
Back
Top