MythTV / mplayer + Remote question

Therac-25

n00b
Okay, so after a month of struggling with a faulty motherboard, I finally got my HTPC up and running. A bit slow, but I can deal with it for now.

Anyway, I've run into an issue with Mplayer and LIRC, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen this, or has an idea how to solve it (I'm posting here as opposed to the Linux forum, as it's more HTPC-related than Linux-related).

Anyway, I'm trying to get my remote control (Hauppapage Grey, came with my PVR 250) to control the subtitle and audio stream commands in mplayer -- since I watch alot of anime, I've ended up with OGM and Matroska video files that have a) soft subtitles and b) multiple audio streams.

Obviously, I want to be able to control these things via the remote control -- but I can't even find a list of commands that mplayer can take from the lircrc file, let alone if what I want is in there.

Has anyone tackled this issue?

Thanks for any pointers in advance...

You can also map them to button presses... so whatever hotkey controls those things in mplayer can be bound to a remote button in the lircrc.

Yeah, I finally came across the list of commands. mplayer doesn't seem to support subtitles in mkv files (that I can find), and even the ones in my .ogm files aren't working properly (although it claims they should)

I also can't find any way to switch between mulitple audio streams in an .ogm file, either... *sigh* maybe i'll just have to process the file to remove all but the one i want.

Back